Rich Games for the family     About     Products     Archive     FAQ

Puluc Design Iteration

I’ve been wanting to iterate over the design of a Puluc board I had previously made. In particular, I wanted to clean up the lines in the stairs in both of the homebase sections. I found that the trick to burning fine lines is turning down the heat. That gave me more control
over the drawing and lead to less charred bleeding. Adding shaded patterns also improved the overall look and feel and made it look less like an xylophone.

The last thing I did was added a decorative pattern to the binary dice. I was tempted to sand the corners but found the sharpness of the cubes reinforced the decorations and added to the cut-throat nature of this running/fight game.

These were a few minor changes but I think they made a real difference on how the board turned out.

Puluc Version 2